CHAPTER 31. ADULT COUNTY CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES
SUBCHAPTER 25. WORK AND VOCATIONAL TRAINING RELEASE PROGRAM
N.J.A.C. 10A:31-25.8 (2012)
(a) The County Work Release Administrator shall be responsible for evaluating all prospective places of employment of inmates in accordance with N.J.S.A. 30:4-91.3 et seq.
(b) Whenever possible, work release employment shall be related to prior vocational training, work experience and/or the institutional training of the inmate.
(c) The following shall initially be taken into account when evaluating the job site:
1. Working conditions of employees;
2. Potential hazards to health of employees;
3. Credibility of the employer;
4. Verification of a fair rate of pay, not less than minimum wage;
5. Coverage of an appropriate workers' compensation plan;
6. Availability of transportation;
7. Duration of the offered employment and benefits; and
8. Proximity to the adult county correctional facility.
(d) Inmates shall not be placed in Work Release Program assignments which will result in the displacement of workers employed in the community.
(e) Representatives of local union central bodies or similar labor union organizations shall be consulted about the placement of inmates with an employer, when appropriate.
(f) If suitable private outside employment cannot be found for an inmate, the inmate may be employed by the county at a fair wage and reasonable hours of work.
Amended by R.2000 d.332, effective August 7, 2000.
See: 32 New Jersey Register 1894(a), 32 New Jersey Register 2945(a).