CHAPTER 31. ADULT COUNTY CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES
SUBCHAPTER 25. WORK AND VOCATIONAL TRAINING RELEASE PROGRAM
N.J.A.C. 10A:31-25.7 (2012)
(a) The County Work Release Administrator designated by the governing body of the county or the County Board of Freeholders in accordance with N.J.S.A. 30:8-44 shall be responsible for advising county sentenced inmates that an application may be submitted to the County Work Release Administrator, who shall submit the application to the court for approval or disapproval to participate in the Work Release Program for purposes of employment, vocational training or to care for the offender's family. At any time, a work release order may be revoked by the court that granted the order.
(b) An inmate sentenced by the court to an adult county correctional facility, who desires an opportunity to participate in the Work Release Program by being released to the community for employment, vocational training or meeting family needs shall be required to complete and submit Form CWR-1 Application and Agreement for Assignment Under the Work Release Program to the County Work Release Administrator for submission to the court.
(c) The County Work Release Administrator shall review and evaluate the information collected on each application and make a recommendation to the court concerning admission to the Work Release Program. The basic information shall include, but is not limited to:
1. Prior criminal history;
2. Detailed information concerning present offense;
3. Detailed information regarding untried criminal charges pending and the current status of these charges;
4. Psychological and psychiatric evaluations, when available;
5. Record of violent or assaultive conduct;
6. Record of violation of financial or public trust;
7. Data on family relationships including responsibility to assist in family maintenance;
8. Work history;
9. Personal health;
10. Record of substance abuse; and
11. Information on job opportunities or vocational programs to meet the inmate's needs.
(d) The following facts and circumstances shall be viewed as negative factors when considering an inmate's application for the Work Release Program:
1. A record of association with organized crime;
2. A record of serious emotional or personality disorders;
3. A record of violent or assaultive behavior;
4. Previous violations of financial or public trust;
5. A high degree of public notoriety which would cause adverse reaction if the inmate were released to the community;
6. Indications that release to the community would be contrary to punitive intention of sentence; and
7. A history which indicates a record of convictions for offenses related to controlled dangerous substances (CDS).
Amended by R.2000 d.332, effective August 7, 2000.
See: 32 New Jersey Register 1894(a), 32 New Jersey Register 2945(a).
Amended by R.2006 d.59, effective February 6, 2006.
See: 37 N.J.R. 3201(a), 38 N.J.R. 995(a).