CHAPTER 31. ADULT COUNTY CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES
SUBCHAPTER 25. WORK AND VOCATIONAL TRAINING RELEASE PROGRAM
N.J.A.C. 10A:31-25.11 (2012)
(a) An inmate participating in the Work Release Program shall submit his or her salary, wages or stipend, in the form that it is paid (cash or check), to the County Work Release Administrator who shall, in accordance with N.J.S.A. 30:4-91.4 and applicable provisions of related State statutes, make payments from these earnings for:
1. Money advances made to purchase or redeem work clothes, travel clothes and/or work tools;
2. The cost of work transportation and cash advanced for miscellaneous daily expenses while outside the adult county correctional facility;
3. Payment of cost for board which shall be charged for each day that the inmate is participating in the Work Release Program;
4. Court costs and fines;
5. Medical and dental fees;
6. Prescription or nonprescription drugs or medicine fees;
7. Legally ascertained support of dependents after written notice to the appropriate welfare board; and/or
8. Payment on debts and legal obligations acknowledged by the inmate in writing and filed with the County Work Release Administrator on such forms as the Administrator shall specify.
(b) Every effort shall be made to secure full payment of advances as soon as possible. Except in the most unusual situations, full repayment shall be obtained no later than the second full pay.
(c) Any balance of earnings remaining after payment of items in (a) above shall be retained as required by N.J.S.A. 30:8-49(4), and paid to the inmate when he or she is discharged.
(d) Staff from each county shall develop a written system whereby each inmate participating in the Work Release Program shall pay a fair percentage of his or her earnings for board. The daily per capita rate for the payment of board shall not include any part of the costs arising from the administration of the Work Release Program.
Amended by R.2000 d.332, effective August 7, 2000.
See: 32 N.J.R. 1894(a), 32 N.J.R. 2945(a).
In (a), inserted N.J.S.A. reference in the introductory paragraph, inserted 5 and 6, and recodified former 5 and 6 as 7 and 8.
Amended by R.2006 d.59, effective February 6, 2006.
See: 37 N.J.R. 3201(a), 38 N.J.R. 995(a).